The mission of PAWEES is to dedicate to the advancement of science and technology of paddy & water environmental disciplines in order to improve and rationalize sustainable paddy farming systems while protecting nature and environment, giving special attention to harmonization of nature, society and humans.
To accomplish the mission defined as above, the main objectives of PAWEES are as follows:
- Stimulating the development of science and technology in the field of paddy and water environment engineering,
- Improving the knowledge on paddy farming ecosystem and its services,
- Developing technologies for and their applicability to the preservation and re-establishment of environmental balances,
- Facilitating the exchange of information on research and technology for sharing advanced knowledge on paddy and water environment engineering,
- Making concerted efforts under close collaboration for solving paddy and water environmental problems, and
- Performing any other activities that will help to develop Paddy and Water Environment Engineering and allied sciences.
To achieve the objectives, several activities shall be developed by PAWEES. These comprise:
- Organizing, sponsoring and co-sponsoring seminars, workshops, symposia and conferences oriented to the objectives of the Society,
- Publishing the international peer reviewed journal “Paddy and Water Environment” as a forum for related professionals to exchange their research experiences, outcomes and problems,
- Providing a website as a venue for exchanging information on the Society,
- Developing relations with research organizations for pursuing common objectives,
- Establishing relationships with international organizations whose activities are common to those of the Society,
- Strengthening the network among research organizations whose objectives fall in the domain of those of the Society.